TLC Response to COVID-19
Trinity Life Church:
We are closely following updates from local public health authorities concerning COVID-19 in order to do our part to keep our community healthy. Currently, the authorities recognize that as of today, March 13, 2020, the public health risk associated with COVID-19 remains low for Toronto. As a result, we have decided to continue with all gatherings. The only change is that our Sunday worship gathering will be at The New Common (225 Wellesley St E, Unit 4B) as a result of the school closures.
We are doing what we can to ensure the safety of everyone who serves at or visits our gatherings. We will continue to provide clean environments for people of all ages, but we have made the following changes:
- When we greet you, we will practice alternative, no-touch ways of greeting (e.g. waving).
- We are going to temporarily stop serving refreshments and beverages at gatherings.
- We will not serve communion.
- We encourage parents to bring their own snacks for their children.
- Tinytown and Downtown kids (1-5 year olds) will be screened for fevers. If they have a fever they will not be admitted to our program.
In order to do your part, you are encouraged to do the following:
- Wash your hands often.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- If you or anyone you have come in close contact with is experiencing symptoms (i.e. coughing, fever, shortness-of-breath), please stay home and contact Toronto Public Health:
Toronto Public Health
277 Victoria Street, 5th Floor
Toronto, ON M5B 1W2
Remember Church, we are the Bride of Christ; we are the hope of the world; we are the family of God. Our culture is operating in the panic and fear of our age and being tossed to and fro (Eph 4:14), but they do not know who we know—the Rock that is Christ Jesus (Matt 7:24-27). There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus if you decide to stay away from gatherings, but please be vigilant and watchful to not allow a microscopic tool of the Enemy to take your eyes off of the God over all things.
Again, we understand the need to take necessary precautions, so please do not feel any judgement for doing that. However, we do not want to be reactionary; we desire to be Spirit-led. So I exhort you to operate in a spirit of power, love, and sound mind, not one of fear (2 Tim 1:7). Followers of Jesus through the centuries have not run away from opportunities such as these to be the light and love of Christ, but rather, we are to exemplify unity, sympathy, love, compassion, and humility towards each other and to our city (1 Pet 3:8). Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, think about these things and practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you (Phil 4:8-9).
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts (Col 3:15)!